Your immune system is the body’s first defense against invaders such as bacteria, viruses, and parasites.
Because the immune system is precisely that – a system, it requires a network of cells, tissues and organs to operate. Though there’s still much to learn about the complexity and intricacies of the immune response, there are some facts that you need to know in order to boost your immune system:
- The health of your gut bacteria and the health of the immune system is vitally linked, because up to 80% of your immune system activity takes place in the intestines.
- Positive emotions can boost immune system, whereas stress can seriously negatively affect the body’s immune system
- Sunlight is required to produce vitamin D but too much vitamin D can decrease the immune system functions.
- Fever, allergies, swelling are often signs the body’s immune system is doing its job properly.
- On average your immune system encounters billions of germs every day.
- Bone marrow is also part of your immune system.
When choosing an immune system boosting supplement, look for the high quality products that are organic, non-GMO, gluten-free and vegan. Fucoidan, extracted from seaweeds, is believed to increase immune cells such as T cells and macrophages in your body.